In order to change your password remotely, you will need to log into vpn.ias.edu
1. Start your web browser and go the following link: https://vpn.ias.edu
2. Log in with your IAS username and password.
3. Under "Web Bookmarks" select ITG Password Changer link
4. You will need to fill out the form and click on change password
You will receive the following message: Password changed for user "username"
The Network password:
The Network password is the password that you use to logon to our domain from your Windows 7 computer. It is also the password you use to retrieve your mail from the Network mail server using programs such as Zimbra, Outlook, Thunderbird.
Choosing a Password:
Please use the following rules and suggestions for maximum effectiveness.
1) Click on System Preferences from the Dock or you can access System Preferences by going to the Applications folder in the Macintosh Hard Drive.
2) Double click on Users and Groups.
It is a recommended practice to change your network user password on a regular basis (at least once a year). When creating a new password, you should use a combination of numbers, symbols, and letters (uppercase and lowercase). But how do you make passwords that are both complex and easy to remember? To ensure security, be creative when setting your network user password. Here are some other ways to create a good password.
Worried about writing your passwords down where other people can see them? Use a password safe. A password safe is a piece of software that allows you to securely save your passwords in one safe place. Make sure to backup your password safe, or keep a copy on multiple computers. This way you only need to remember one master password to access them all. Click here for password safe download resources.