It is recommended that you archive your e-mail to your network share - I:\ drive under My Documents. Your I:\ drive is secure, and is automatically backed up.
- In Outlook 2010, click on File.
- On the left pane, select Info and on the resulting right pane, click on Account settings.
- In the Account Settings window that comes up, click on the Data Files tab.
- Click on the Add icon
- Select Outlook data file (.pst) and click ok.
- Navigate to the folder location where you want to save your .pst file. Saving it to the I:\ drive is ideal.
- In the File name box, type a name for the new .pst file, or you can use the default name.
- Click OK then click Close.
You will then find the newly created Outlook Data File with the name you have given it on your Folder List on the left pane in Outlook. You may now create new subfolders in this folder and manually move or copy emails you wish to archive.