If you do not have the drivers for the printer you are connecting to, please download them from the manufactureres website before proceeding with these steps.
Installing the Windows Components
1) Click the Windows button, then type “control panel”.
2) Click Control Panel to open it.
3) Click “Programs”
4) Click “Turn Windows Features on or off”
5) Expand Print and Document Services, make sure LPD Print Service and LPR Port Monitor are both checked. If they are not click both boxes to do so.
Connecting to the Printer
1) Click the Windows button, then type "devices and printers”.
2) Click Devices and Printers to open it.
3) Select "Add a Printer".
4) Select "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings".
5) Select "Create a new port", under "Type of port" choose LPR port. Click Next.
6) Enter the following information:
Name or address of server providing lpd: wave.itg.ias.edu
Name of the printer or print queue on that server: Enter the name of the printer you are trying to connect to
7) Click OK, select the correct driver for your chosen printer.
8) Enter a name for the printer; it is recommended to use the listed name of the printer or print queue.
9) Select "Do not share this printer", click Next.