NOTE: If you do not have the driver for the printer you are connecting to, you will need to download a copy from the manufacturer's website. This should be done before proceeding with these steps.
Install the Windows Components
- Click on the Start button, then Control Panel
- Click on Programs and Features then click Turn Windows features on or off, from the left sidebar
- Expand Print and Document Services, and make sure the boxes next to LPD Print Service and LPR Port Monitor are checked
- Click OK and follow the on screen instructions until the components are installed.
Connect to the Printer
- Click the Start button > Devices and Printers
- Click on Add a Printer
- Select Add a local printer
- Select Create a new port and select LPR Port. Click Next.
- Name or address of server providing lpd: wave.itg.ias.edu
- Name of the printer queue on that server: Name of the printer you are connecting to
(Note: For the LaserJet M603dn printers, we recommend printing to the PCL queue, such as W2ndFlrPCL or F3rdFlrPCL, etc. The driver can be found here.)
- Cick OK, then select the proper driver for the printer you are connecting to and then click Next.
- Type in a name for this printer (We recommend using te print queue name) and click Next.
- Select Do not share this printer and ten click Next.
- If you would like to set the printer as your default, check the relevant box, then click Finish.