There are two ways to configure your iPhone or iPad Mail application to sync to your IAS email account—using an ActiveSync connection or using a standard IMAP connection. An ActiveSync connection pulls in your calendar and contacts in addition to your email. An IMAP connection can sync email messages only.
Please follow the instructions below to configure your iPhone or iPad Mail application to use an ActiveSync connection for email, calendar, and contacts syncing.
Instructions for configuring the Mail application to use IMAP are also available.
1. From the Home screen go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
2. Select Add Account.
3. Select the option for Microsoft Exchange.
4. Enter the following account information and then tap Next.
- Email: your IAS firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domain: leave blank
- Username: your IAS email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: your IAS password
- Description: your IAS email@example.com should automatically fill in (you can change this if you like)
5. A new field for Server will appear. Enter mail.ias.edu and then tap Next.
6. If you receive an error message indicating that account information could not be verified, tap OK.
7. Tap Save.
8. If you see an error message indicating that this account may not be able to send or receive emails, tap Save to continue.
9. Turn the options to ON for the areas you'd like to sync (Mail, Contacts, Calendars) and then tap Save.
10. Your account will now appear in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section. Select it to view the Settings.
11. Tap Account.
12. Scroll down and verify that Use SSL is turned ON and then tap Done.
13. Adjust the Mail days to sync (default is 3) according to your preferences and then tap Done.
Your iPhone or iPad device should now automatically send and receive email messages from your IAS mailbox as well as sync to your IAS Address Book and Calendar.