Expecting an important mail message from a particular sender? Identify it as soon as it comes in by displaying it in a distinctive color. Start by select an existing message from the sender in question, if you have one. If you don't, that's okay; you can enter the sender's e-mail address manually. Now follow these steps:
- Within Outlook, choose Organize from the Tools menu.
- In the Ways To Organize Mail pane, click the Colors link on the left side.
- In the first condition statement (we won't use the second), choose From in the first drop-down list.
- If you chose a message before starting, the sender's name will appear in the text box to the right. If it's the wrong name, enter the right name or the person's e-mail address. Choose a color from the second drop-down list.
- Click Apply Color and close the pane.
Afterward, Outlook will display all messages, existing and new, from the person you specified in step 4 in the color you selected in step 5.
Computing Tips and Techniques are brought to you by the Information Technology Group for the purpose of sharing a wide variety of technology tips with its clients. The collection of these tips are protected by intellectual property rights, such as copyright. All intellectual property rights belong to the manufacturer of the software product in question.