A Zimbra persona allows you to create a separate email identity to manage different types of email. For example, you can create a business persona for your business email and a personal persona for your personal email. By using a persona, you can specify a From address and/or a Reply To address for emails sent using that persona. All outgoing email displays the email address of the persona that you are using.
Add a Persona
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Select Tools > Options. With Outlook 2010, click on the Zimbra tab.
- Click the Personas tab and click Add.
- Enter the name for the new persona and click OK.
- (Optional) In the Personas Settings area, edit the From name field. The name and email you enter is displayed in the From field of outgoing emails sent using this persona. For example, emails sent from a business persona might be sent by John Doe, while emails sent from a personal persona might be sent by Johnny.
- (Optional) Check the Set the “Reply-to” field of email messages to box.
- Enter the Reply-to name and email address. This displays in the Reply-to field of outgoing emails sent using this persona.
- Replies sent to these emails are automatically directed to the Reply-to address.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Select a Default Persona
- Select Tools > Account Settings.
- Select the address and click Set as Default. You can only have one default Microsoft Outlook identity.
If you are composing a new email message and you do not see the Account menu in the New Message dialog, or you do not see your persona in the Account menu, you can sync your personas to resolve the issue.
- Go to Tools > Options > Personas.
- Confirm your account is in the Personas list. If it is not listed, you need to add the new persona.
- Click OK. This action syncs personas and displays the Account menu in the New Message dialog.
Delete a Persona
- Select Tools > Options > Personas.
- Select the persona you want to delete.
- Click Delete. The persona is deleted.
- Click OK.
To recover a deleted persona before changes are applied, click Cancel.
[Note: You cannot delete the default Persona. Personas cannot be recovered or restored once your changes are applied.]