Note: For staff and faculty, please discuss this with your helpdesk before proceeding. Other methods may be more appropriate.
Create a document that explains how to add an email account in Outlook 2016.
- When you first Open Outlook it should prompt you to set up an account. If it does not, select Outlook from the menu bar Preference > Account
- Click on add Email Account.
- Type your email address. "Please enter your email address." and click continue
- Type your password and click "Add Account". Note: Your screen might look different depending on the account you're adding
- If adding an IMAP or POP account
- Enter your account information:
- Your Name: enter your name as it will appear on outgoing mail
- E-mail address: enter your IAS email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Account type: select IMAP
- Incoming mail server: enter mail.ias.edu
- User Name: enter your IAS username
- Password: enter your IAS password
- Click Add Account
- Select Done.